- VARIETY: International Cinematographers Guild Fetes eight with emerging awards
- THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER: ICG Presents Emerging Cinematographer Awards
- EMERGING CINEMATOGRAPHER AWARDS: Honorees and Honorable Mentions
WHILE WE LIVE (2017)
- Ekko - "Photographer Daniel Cotroneo...rarely keeps the camera still. But instead of the hand-held style most often seen in microbudgets, we get sweeping camera moves and picturesque drone shots."
- Cinemadsen - "'While We Live' both looks and sounds big. The handheld cameras have been replaced by top professional camera work from photographer Daniel Cotroneo."
- CinemaZone - "The melodramatic story is well-woven and emphasized by American cameraman Daniel Cotroneo, seen in close-ups and in beautiful / gloomy wide shots of the small town."
- Winner - Mercedes Benz Award - Bokeh International Film Festival
THE OTHER SIDE (2015)
- Winner - Best Cinematography - Sacramento Asian Pacific Film Festival 2015
- Borrowing Tape: "The Other Side has fantastic fight sequences...the fight choreography is almost on par with something like The Raid (2011)." - Raymond Cabrera
- ICG Magazine (September 2015 vol. 86 no. 09):
- ICG Magazine (November 2015 vol. 86 no. 11):
LOVE ARCADIA (2014)
- Winner - Best Narrative Feature - Sacramento Asian Pacific Film Festival 2015
- Examiner: "...the sugary sweet film resonated with a genuine heart and sincerity along with its bubbly set design and colorful cinematography."
- Time Out Los Angeles: 4 must-sees at the Los Angeles Asian Pacific Film Festival
- San Jose Mercury News: CAAMFest: 5 movies to see at Asian-American film festival